8/21/13

Deviled Egg Potato Salad




One of the staples of a barbecue, in my opinion, is salads. Green salads, jello salads, macaroni salads, but I prefer potato salad.  I've had all varieties, but the one that I still love to this day is my mom's Deviled Egg Potato Salad.  And I'm going to warn you right here - I use Miracle Whip in it.  Don't be a hater.  You could probably substitute it with mayo if you are used to that in your deviled eggs.  But I grew up with Miracle Whip in my deviled eggs.  And sweet relish.  I love sweet pickles.  And I get made fun of for it.  I don't care.  More potato salad for me!




Deviled Egg Potato Salad


Ingredients:


4 russet potatoes
8 hard boiled eggs
2 cups miracle whip
1 Tbs. mustard
1/2 cup sweet relish
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dill weed

Directions:

1. Wash potatoes.  Place them in a large stockpot and cover with water.  Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 30-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center will slide out when you pull up on the potato.

2. Remove from heat, dump out hot water, and replace with cold water to help potatoes to cool.  When potatoes have cooled, using a knife, gently pull the skins off of the potatoes by picking up a corner with the blade of the knife and pull to remove.

3. Cut potatoes into cubes and place into a large bowl.  Dice eggs and add to bowl.  Add remaining ingredients.  Gently fold ingredients together until combined.

4. Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.

Serves 8-10