9/13/13

School Lunches and Meal Plan


Well, if you were following me on Instagram this week, you probably noticed that there wasn't a lunch on Monday.  And then there wasn't a lunch on Tuesday.  Uh, yeah.  We got the start of the school year sickies.  K1 brought it home, shared with K2, and they in turn shared it with me.  So kind of them.  Wait, no.  Not kind at all.  And so, I have only 3 lunches to share with you.

One new thing I did find this week were smaller kabob skewers - I found them at Party City with the plates and cups.  I did have to cut about an inch off the end to get them in the container, but they worked great.  This week, I'm going to be on the search for some fun Fall cookie cutters for sandwiches next week.


1 - Hot Dog and Colby Cheese Kabobs, Pretzel Crackers, Applesauce, Carrots and Ranch Dip.
2 - Apple Slices with Peanut Butter, Cheese Stick, Wheat Thins, and Cookies and Cream Kisses.
3 - Homemade Lunchable: Sliced Ham and Turkey, Sliced Colby Cheese, Wheat Thins, Grapes, and Pumpkin Spice M&Ms (OH YEAH!  THEY'RE HERE!)



Have I ever mentioned that Hubs is obsessed with Crossfit?  I have to use the term "obsessed" because honestly, I don't know how else anyone could do it.  If you do Crossfit, or know someone who does, you know what I mean.  This weekend, Hubs is participating in their Trainer's Course.  That means that over the course of 2 days, he's going to be completing about 10 workouts.  That calls for A LOT of protein.  He's going to be drinking his protein shakes during the day, and I want to make sure he's loading up on protein at dinner.  Everything that I'm going to be making, even the vegis, will be high protein.

The rest of the week, I'm so keeping it light.  I'm starting on my Fall Cleaning (YAY!) and I want to make meals light and simple.  I am so looking forward to decrapifying my house.  If you follow me on Instagram, I'll be giving tips on cleaning up your house from Summer's chaos.

Saturday: Grilled Steak with Weber's Chicago Steak Seasonings, Baked Sweet Potato, and Spinach Salad
Sunday: Grandma Cook's Lemon BBQ Chicken, Steamed Artichokes
Monday: Brinner - Apple Pie Pancakes, Bacon, Fried Eggs
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken and Vegetables (remember how I promised a recipe?  Yeah, it'll be up this week)
Wednesday: Iowa Girl Eats' BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad (can you tell that I'm a fan of hers?!)
Thursday: Sweet and Sour Chicken Kabobs
Friday: Tuffies

Have a great weekend!  I'll be in bed with my kleenex and hot tea if anyone needs me.  :)  See you Monday!


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers