9/20/13

School Lunches and Meal Plan



I am really loving this series.  Not only do I get to share some fun ideas with you all, but it also makes me get creative with lunches.  I know as a kid I got so bored with the usual PB&J.  Got old, fast.  In fact, I actually preferred hot lunch.  But since K1 doesn't have that option at all this year, I must get creative.  So thanks for
following along in that journey with me.  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram during the week to see all these meals each day.

Here's this week's line up:


1 - English Muffin Pizza (using Homemade Pizza Sauce), Baby Carrots with Ranch Dip, Mott's Strawberry Applesauce Pouch, Hershey Minis.

2 - Cheese Quesadilla (using Mission's® Whole Grain Tortilla), Grape Tomatoes and Ranch Dip, Grapes, Hershey Minis.

3 - Dog in a Blanket (Pillsbury® Croissant, Hot Dog, and Kraft® American Cheese Slice.  Bake according to regular croissant instructions on can.), Ketchup, Broccoli and Ranch Dip, Grapes. Hershey Minis.

4 - Brunch - Apple Pie Pancakes with Apple Slice and Syrup, Scrambled Eggs and Ketchup (that's how Hubs and the kiddos prefer their scrambled eggs), Juice Box.

5 - PB and Honey Sandwich (cut out with a Wilton® Leaf cookie cutter), Colby Jack Cheese (cut out with fun Wilton® Fall mini cookie cutters), Grapes, Broccoli and Ranch Dip, Hershey Minis.

Now, I want to make something very clear.  I understand that there are kids that are allergic to peanuts.  So when I purchased the bag of Hershey Minis, it was with the strict instruction that K1 should NOT share her yellow candy bars with other kids (Mr. Goodbar, which has peanuts in it).  I think that things that could possibly be an allergen to other kids should be instructed on.  Make sure your kids know that their PB&J could possibly send their friend that they shared their sandwich with to the ER.  Not in a scary way, but they should be made aware.



We're on the downhill slope for September.  And the slide down is proving to be much faster than the climb up.  We are settling into a routine with school, and time is now flying.  We've had our first day under 90 degrees here, and that always gets me in the mood to start cooking more comfort foods.  I think Sunday is the perfect day to start breaking out the chili recipes.

Saturday: Slow Cooker Tacos Carnitas, Homemade Flour Tortillas
Sunday: Slow Cooker Chili (Recipe to follow)
Monday: Brinner - Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage
Tuesday: Happy Anniversary to Us!  No cooking for me tonight! I'm thinking Sushi is in store for us.
Wednesday: Grilled Steak Salad
Thursday: Fettucine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken and Steamed Broccoli
Friday: Calzones (Recipe to follow)

Make sure you swing by next week for my last Breyers® giveaway and another fantastic recipe using their yummy chocolate ice cream!  Have a great weekend!


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers