11/27/13

Thanksgiving

I would love to give you all a nice big, gorgeous post today with lovely pictures and stories....but I am embarrassed to say that I did not prepare a post in advance.  I am stuck in the kitchen today making pies, getting serving dishes cleaned, and making sure Bodie doesn't eat any more ornaments off my Christmas tree!  (Seriously, the dog is THIS close to getting put in the corner)

But since I didn't prepare, I have one thing to share with you.  It's been a Cook family tradition for who knows how long.  And my awesome cousin, Kristen, from K Photography, took some pictures of their amazing.......drumroll please.......gumdrop turkeys.




I mean, how adorable are these?!  They go all out and have a competition about who can get the most creative.  Ours are simple, and barely resemble turkeys.  So I'm glad she had these pictures.  Have you ever seen these?  Does your family have a similar tradition?  It was our job as grandkids to put them together.  And eat a few spare parts along the way.

So that's it!  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday together!  I'm taking the day off to spend with my family and will be hiding somewhere from all the black Friday shoppers.  So I'll see you Monday!