1/27/14

Slow Cooker Cinnamon Raisin French Toast







There are so many recipes out there using slow cookers.  Most of the time I use mine for meats and
soups/stews.  But this time around, I thought I'd give Brinner a try.  Using the slow cooker just makes dinner prep so much simpler.  And when I'm running low on time (which seems to be happening a lot lately), it's nice to have something all ready when 5:00 hits.









French Toast is a family favorite over here, so it was really a no brainer on what I was going to make.  And when I found some cinnamon raisin bread on a price cut at the store, I knew I was going to use that to make the French Toast.  A trick that I've learned when making French Toast is to mix your spices with the vanilla extract.  If you do this, the spices will mix in better with the eggs.


*Note, if you have a smaller crock pot, cut the recipe in half.


Slow Cooker Cinnamon Raisin French Toast


Ingredients:


Cooking spray
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1 dozen eggs
2 cups milk
1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
Syrup

Directions:

1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla, and brown sugar.  Add eggs and milk.

2. Dredge each slice of bread in the egg mixture and place in crock pot.  When all the bread is added, pour the remaining egg mixture over it and cover with lid.  Cook on low for 5-7 hours.  Keep an eye on it for the last hour to avoid burning.

3. Serve warm with syrup.

Serves 8