5/14/14

Pineapple Stuffed Hawaiian Burgers







I think we have officially left the realm of plain cheeseburgers.  This is our third stuffed burger in a month?  Oh yeah. And I think this one tops all of them.  I've heard of people stuffing hamburgers with pineapple rings before, but serving them with barbecue sauce.  Meh.  I'm not a big fan of barbecue sauce.  I like it on ribs, and that's about it.  Oh, and Pulled Pork Sandwiches.  Can't have pulled pork without BBQ sauce.








So when I came up with this one, I decided that I was going to add a few touches that I love - bacon and french fried onions.  And do you remember when I used the Sweet and Spicy Steak Sauce on the Moose Burgers?  I had some left over and used it - best decision I made for the whole burger.  It MADE that burger.  Final touch was a no brainer - King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns.  Didn't know they made hamburger buns?  Yup.  You can check their website to see if they are sold near you.

Pineapple Stuffed Hawaiian Burgers


Ingredients:


1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1 can sliced pineapple, drained
4 slices provolone cheese
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked
1/2 cup french fried onions
2 Tbs. Kroger Sweet and Spicy Steak Sauce
Kings Hawaiian Hamburger Buns

Directions:

1. Preheat grill over medium high heat.

2. Combine ground beef, onion powder, salt, ginger, and ground allspice in a medium bowl.  Divide into quarters.  Divide each quarter in half.  Form one half into a patty and place pineapple ring on patty.  Place other half on top and press together to enclose pineapple ring and seal edges.  Repeat with remaining meat.

3. Cook burgers for 18 minutes, 9 minutes per side.  During last minute of cooking, top with cheese and close grill to allow cheese to melt.  Remove from grill and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.

4. Place a few slices of bacon on bottom half of each hamburger bun.  Top with hamburger.  Top with french fried onions and steak sauce.  Top with other half of bun.  Serve immediately.

Serves 4
Enhanced by Zemanta