6/16/14

Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake





How about another comfort food recipe, one that again used items that needed to be cleaned out of my
pantry and freezer.  Not only do I like to stock up my pantry with staples that our family loves, but I also will grab more of an item that is usually kind of pricey when it goes on sale.  I will do that as well with cheese because it tends to be cheaper per ounce when you buy more.  So I'll buy double what the recipe calls for, the wrap it up really good and freeze the remainder.  I love having a big freezer to be able to do those things.  But food in both the pantry and the freezer have an expiration date.






This is what happened with the Italian Style Gnocchi that I made.  I had leftover gnocchi.  I had a jar of Alfredo sauce.  Check in the freezer and I have leftover cheeses and half a package of bacon.  I ALWAYS have chicken breast on hand.  So, throw it all together with some fresh veggies and BAM!  Pantry Purge Perfection!  See, it's amazing what you can create by just cleaning out your kitchen.





Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake


Ingredients:


1 (17 oz.) package gnocchi
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 jar Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup chopped bacon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom of 9x13" pan.

2. Prepare gnocchi according to package instructions.  Drain and spread in bottom of pan.  Add shredded chicken.  Add mushrooms.

3. In a large bowl, combine onions, Parmesan cheese, blue cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.  Stir in Alfredo sauce.  Pour sauce over the top of gnocchi and chicken.  Sprinkle bacon and remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.

4. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown on top.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves 6-8