11/17/14

4 weeks, and the results are...


It's been 4 weeks.  And what are my results?  I've lost 10.5 pounds!  I'm so excited about that.  I've only had the opportunity to work out a handful of times during these 4 weeks (which I need to be MUCH better about).  It's mostly been about my diet.  I had set a goal for myself to lose 2 pounds a week.  I'm averaging 2.6!  What is the diet?  Slim Fast and Special K breakfast protein shakes.  I'm careful to track all my calories, especially for dinner.  And I have had splurge days.  But overall, I have to say I am loving the LoseIt!® app.  It has made tracking my calories so stinking simple.  Both for food and for exercise.


So I'm starting the next 4 weeks today, at 216.5 pounds.  Still a ways to go, but I am seeing results.  And that is all that matters to me!

I'm a little worried about the next two weeks.  Thanksgiving.  Sigh.  I so love the food traditions that we have as a family for that holiday.  I think I may need to hit the rower a few times before next Thursday.

So how am I feeling?  I am feeling good.  I had to go down a size in my pants.  I am loving how easy it is.  BUT, I miss eating.  I do not like being hangry most of the day.  That part is no fun.  I miss chewing all my meals.  While the shakes are simple and fast, I do miss chewing.  I don't know how long this will last, but I'll take it while it's working.  Because for the first time, I'm continuing to lose a consistent amount of weight each week.  And that's a good thing.