12/12/14

The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer


...is singing loud for all to hear!

I am so excited to be a part of Chicken Scratch n Sniff's Christmas Advent!  I get to share with you  one of my favorite parts of Christmas - music.  Every song has a different memory attached to it for me.  I remember sitting in front of our Christmas tree in the evenings, lights out, snow outside the window, and cranking up the stereo while it was playing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing Silent Night.  My mom loved John Denver's "Aspenglow."  My grandparents always had Bing Crosby playing on the record player.

If you ever want to check out what I am listening to, it's easy.  Just click on this link to go to Pandora and listen to Cat Yates Christmas Favorites!  It's full of classics, contemporary, jazz, and all the greats.  It's perfect for listening to while you are decorating or baking or cruising around the neighborhood to see lights.

But I think my favorite Christmas music of all time has to be The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas albums.  All of them.  They constantly remind me of the real reason for Christmas - the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I feel the spirit so strongly whenever I listen to their music.  9 times out of 10 it brings me to tears.  It is so beautiful.




I have a friend that I went to college with who is so uberly talented.  Her name is Kamie Jacobs Bolen.  She was a music major and lived close to me so we spent a lot of time together studying.  This lady has recently produced her very first Christmas album.  And holy smokes you guys, it is so awesome.  It's called "Christmas In a Small Town."  It's the most recent addition to my music library.  And because Kamie rocks, she is offering each of my readers a 20% discount on her album!  Just click on the image below to go to her website and enter the code ADVENT14.


I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and sneak in some music to help you feel the spirit of the season.  And to finish, one more MoTab for the road:



Don't forget to swing by Chicken Scratch n Sniff to check out all the other advents!