1/23/15

Realistic Resolutions with Gorton's


Hello my blogger friends.  Here we are, at the end of January.  Did you make resolutions for 2015?  I know I did.  One is to eat healthier.  No fad diets, no extreme measures.  Just healthier, more balanced.  And it was perfect timing for Gorton's Simply Bake fish fillets to enter my house.  Thanks to the people over at Gorton's for sending me some free samples to try!  We're big fish people in our house and I always love trying new ideas with seafood.



I have to tell you guys, I like this product a lot.  It was very simple to prepare - pull it out of the freezer (each fillet is in its own foil packet), pop it in the oven for 20 minutes, and you have a lovely fish fillet ready for eating, or using in another recipe like I did.  I wanted to try using a fish fillet like this in another recipe, Salmon Cakes. Something simple, fun, and different.  The salmon came out of the oven, it was perfect.  It bakes in a butter sauce which gave it great flavor and texture.  The only thing I wish that were different is that there was only salmon available in the store.  I was hoping for some tilapia to make some yummy fish tacos.  But all I could find was salmon.  


Back to resolutions.  Gorton's has teamed up with Spark People to challenge people to get healthy in 2015.  It's called the Realistic Resolution Challenge.  Spark offers a free app to allow you to track your calories (through food and through exercise) while helping you to lose weight.  They have recipes, groups, and a whole bunch of things to get you on the right track for 30 days.  AND as part of this challenge, they would like to offer one of my readers a prize pack of a cookbook, a DVD, coupons, and more to get you started on your 2015 health resolutions!  To enter, simply leave a comment below with your resolutions, follow Gorton's on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and share your posts using #RealisticResolution.  The winner will receive a package containing 2 full-value product coupons for Gorton's seafood products, an insulated tote, the SparkPeople Cookbook, the Spark Book, and the SparkPeople Boot Camp DVD!  The giveaway ends next Friday, so don't wait!  Get going!  Get healthy!  Get Gorton's and make some healthy resolutions for this year!


Gorton's Blogger Giveaway

UPDATE 2/2/2015:

CONGRATULATIONS, KAYSEA WADLEY!

Please contact me via email to receive your prize!