2/14/13

Happy Valentine's Day

(K1 would like to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day!)

It's Valentine's Day!  The day of love, of romance, of....chocolate?  I don't know.  It has a lot of different meanings for me.  But mostly it's just fun.  It's fun to help the kids make Valentines.  It's fun to make treats for their classes.  And it's fun to go all out on a good home cooked meal for my hubs.  And this year is no different.

One of our favorite restaurants is Texas Roadhouse.  They don't have it here in Vegas.  The closest one for us is 2 hours away in St. George.  Not sure I'm willing to drive that far for an awesome steak.  So, I'm bringing Texas Roadhouse to us.  We're having steak and baked sweet potatoes.  My dinner rolls with cinnamon butter.  And to finish it off, individual cheesecakes.

So, I have a couple of recipes to share with you today.  There's really no recipe for steak.  No real recipe for baked sweet potatoes.  But I can share with you my dinner rolls, cheesecake, and my take on cinnamon butter.

I hope you all have a great day with your loved ones!  I'm off to do some cookin'!