3/24/13

Pin-Flop: Cadbury Cream Egg Brownies

I'm starting a new feature on here called Pin-Win or Pin-Flop.  If you visit my Pinterest page, you will find that I have pinned recipes and cooking ideas.  I am going to be incorporating Pinterest finds into my weekly posts and recipes.  If something isn't going to work, I would like to know about it.  Wouldn't you?!  So, if you see something, please stop by here to make sure it isn't on my Pin-Flop list.

Today's Pin-Flop is Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies.  Here's what they look like on Pinterest:


Yeah, show me someone who could resist those!  So, I set off to make them.  This is what mine looked like:



And what you can't see is that the yummy creamy goodness of the egg center caramelized on the bottom of the brownie, making it chewy and hard.  Yuck.

The difference?  After looking back at the recipe, she only cooks her brownies for 30 minutes.  If you look at the Pinterest picture, you can see that the center of the  brownie is not cooked through.  Um, salmonella anyone?  So in my book, big Pin-Flop.  I'm not ready to make my family sick over a yummy creamy center in a brownie.  I'll just eat them separately.