4/24/13

Pin Win or Pin Flop?

Happy Hump Day!  I don't know about you, but I'm glad the first part of the week is over.

This week, I gave this pin a shot:
Mediteranean Smothered Chicken

The minute I saw this on Pinterest, it was on my boards.  Chicken, pasta, artichoke hearts, yum. It reminded me of something coming out of Macaroni Grill.  Carb heaven.  Yes, we do eat carbs around here.  I try to make them as complex as possible, but I LOVE me some good pasta dishes.

This time, I did a little research on the origination of the pin.  This recipe comes from Iowa Girl Eats.  I have to admit that more than half the stuff she posts looks amazing.  And it seems like she loves Southern European food as much as I do.  Ah, a girl after my own heart.

So, I ventured out to buy the ingredients.  I had to opt for her substitute - sun dried tomatoes.  But that's okay.  I LOVE sun dried tomatoes.  All the other ingredients are SUPER easy to find.  And it's a fairly simple dish - WIN WIN in my book!

So, here's how mine turned out (remember, no doctoring of the photo!):


So, was it a win or flop?  HUGE WIN!    In fact, I've hidden the leftovers in the fridge so I can have them tomorrow for lunch!  The chicken was moist.  The pasta was perfect.  The vegi's were flavorful and just the perfect touch.  If you like Macaroni Grill, then OMG (Oh, Macaroni Grill!).  Make this!  You will not regret it.  Thanks for the pin, Iowa Girl!