6/18/13

My Favorite Things - Flags

I love this time of year.  NO, not summer.  Duh.  Okay.  No, I love the holidays in the summer - Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day.  Three months in a row we are reminded of our flag.  Do you put your flag out?  I do.  I display it proudly.  I am very proud to be an American.  I am the daughter, grand daughter, and daughter in law of veterans.  So whenever I can, I get my pride out there.

Did you catch my post back on Memorial Day about my flag decor?



There's another thing that I've made that I proudly display in my house:



In my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), we have another scripture, in addition to the Bible.  It's called the Book of Mormon.  And in the Book of Mormon, we can read about the ancient civilizations that lived on the American continent.  There are documentations of wars in this book, and in one of the wars there was a great leader, Captain Moroni.  Before heading into battle, Captain Moroni took a part of his coat wrote a declaration on it.  "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom and our peace, our wives, and our children." (Alma 46:10-12)  To me, I can picture our country's founding fathers saying this same phrase.  And to me, our flag is a symbol of that same declaration.  Which gave me the inspiration for this.  If you would like to download, please feel free to, just please give me credit for it.  I am very, very proud of this.