9/6/13

School Lunches and Meal Plan


We've finished up our second week of school here in Vegas.  And I have another set of lunches to share with you.  Don't forget, you can follow along daily on Instagram.  I share all the lunches and what's in them each morning.  Then on Friday's I bring them all back here to share with you once more.  The only way to get Friday's lunch is on here, so make sure you swing by!

This week, I introduced something new - cutting crusts off your kids' sandwiches using a cookie cutter.  I purchased this lovely from Wilton - I LOVE their big cookie cutters with the rubber grips on them.  It makes pressing down into the sandwich so much easier and saves my hands.  I also introduced Mission's® Multi-Grain Tortillas.  Not only is the kiddo getting a better meal with whole grains, but she's also filling up better because of those.  Again, unless I state otherwise, I use whole wheat bread and whole grain products as much as possible.

Day 1 - Ham and Cheese Roll Up (with multi grain tortilla).  Strawberries.  Grape tomatoes.  Nutter Butters.
Day 2 - PB&J (cut using a Wilton cookie cutter).  Gala apple slices.  Broccoli and Ranch Dip.  Kisses.
Day 3 - Cheese Quesadilla (with multi grain tortilla).  Grapes.  Grape Tomatoes and Ranch Dip.  Nutter Butters.
Day 4 - Ham, Turkey, and Cheese Croissant Sandwich.  Dill Pickles.  Baby Carrots. Strawberries. (No dessert, K1 is getting dessert in her class for her birthday!)



For our meals this coming week, I'm focusing on slow cooker meals.  I had a reader write to me this week asking about my slow cooker meals and which slow cooker I use.  Plus we have family in town.  And cooking for large groups of people is easiest when you use a slow cooker.  During the week, I will share some of my favorite slow cooker meals with you and a little ditty about the slow cooker that I own and just adore.

Saturday: Birthday Bash!  We're eating out to celebrate a bunch of family birthdays.
Sunday: Crock Pot Roast
Monday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Spaghetti
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken and Vegetables (Recipe to follow)
Thursday: Avocado and Chicken Caprese Salad from Iowa Girl Eats
Friday: Fancy Mac and Cheese from Pioneer Woman

Have a great weekend and I'll see you Monday!


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers