10/31/13

October In Review


Wow, what a busy month October was.  I'm seriously in shock that Halloween is over and the holidays are upon us.  This is a big cooking month for me and I'm so looking forward to sharing some Thanksgiving recipes as well as a few others (cough, birthday, cough) with you.


I had my first "series" here on the blog last month.  Pie-tober was a huge success and it really got me in the mood for Thanksgiving.  I shared recipes with you and talked about pie pans and pie crusts.  All those pies were amazing and I am so looking forward to doing this again next year with a whole new bath of pie recipes.  If you missed it, here's a little recap of the pies:



October brought cool temperatures to Vegas.  When that happens, I have this incredible desire to make soups and stews in the crock pot.



And finally I shared some recipes for yummy quick bread that you can make a day ahead and eat for breakfast on the weekends.



I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!  My kids are super excited for trick or treating.  They already broke in their costumes and have a stash of Halloween candy that should last us into the new year.  I hope your kids  have just as much fun.  See you next month!