10/21/13

Pumpkin Pie


Sing it with me, "It's the most, wonderful time of the year!"  Pumpkin Pie time!  It is glorious.  Simply my favorite time.  I'd rather have Pumpkin Pie for  my birthday "cake" than an actual cake.  I think I was born in November for a reason.



Have you seen that episode of Friends where Monica wants Phoebe's recipe for chocolate chip cookies? Monica claims that they are the best cookies she's ever had.  They spend hours and days trying to figure out the recipe because it was actually Phoebe's grandmother's recipe, and her grandmother is dead.  At the end of the episode, Phoebe tells Monica that her grandmother got it from a French ancestor - Nestle Toullose.  Or spelled correctly, Nestle Toll House.  Yeah, this is one of those recipes.  Supposedly has been passed down through my family.  Pretty sure my ancestor's name was Libby.  :)



Pumpkin Pie


Ingredients:


1, 9" prepared, unbaked pie crust
2 eggs, beaten
1 can pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.  Pour into prepared pie crust.

3. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes.Or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.

Serves 8