10/4/13

School Lunch and Meal Plan


Amanda over at Kevin and Amanda took this shot this
morning up at Park City, Utah!  So beautiful, but so
stinking cold!  It's 28 degrees at my parents house in
Evanston, Wyoming this morning!  BRRRRRRRRRR!


Is anyone else feeling this cool down?  Okay, yes, I know everyone up north of us are feeling it - SHEESH y'all!  Snow?!  Well, I guess it is October.  When I was living at home in Wyoming (don't judge me!), it was just a simple fact that the first snow flies before Halloween.  Well, their first snow came last week.  I so do not miss that.  I am a warm weather girl, I have been for most of my life.  I think those 3 years I spent at Ricks College (BYU-Idaho for all you youngsters) and then another 2 at BYU just about did me in.  I HATED those winters.  I remember going to one of my music finals - chirp chirp chirp, did I lose you there? Yes, I majored in Piano Pedagogy - at 6:00 in the morning on a December day when it was one of the coldest winters on record in Idaho.  It took every ounce of energy in my body to get me to the school.  I so do not miss it.  I SO love my Las Vegas winters.



So there's my ditty on cold.  Now on to the food.  

1: Lunchable - Ham, turkey, and colby cheese with Wheat Thins. Cucumber slices with Ranch Dip.  Grapes.  Reese's Pieces.

2: Cheese Quesadilla (with Mission® Whole Wheat tortilla).  Baby Carrots with Ranch Dip.  Strawberries.  Reese's Pieces.

3: PB&Honey (Cut using a butterfly shaped sandwich cutter). Baby Carrots with Ranch Dip. Grapes. Reese's Pieces.

4: The kids had a half day of school, so K1 got treated to a little Happy Meal for lunch.  Yes, I do feed my kids McDonald's occasionally.  She works hard, she's active, and she eats healthy most of the time.  She can handle a little junk food now and then.

5: Dog in a Blanket with Ketchup and Mustard. Cucumber Slices.  Applesauce.



This coming week is bringing us another fantastic giveaway!  You'll have to visit every day to find out what it is - I'm not telling when or what it is.  Yup, I'm evil.  But it's October - I'm allowed to release my inner evil.  I'm also very excited for this week because I get to go on my first field trip as a mom!  Holy cow, is it sad that I'm geeking out a tad?  But I am, and I'll be sharing that little adventure with you because it'll coincide with an upcoming series that I'm also geeking out about: Pie-tober!  I'll explain that as well next week.  In the meantime, here are a few dinner ideas for your family!

Saturday: Free Day!
Monday: Apple Pie Pancakes, Bacon
Tuesday: LVEA Event at Freed's Bakery (I'm so excited!)
Wednesday: Filet-o-Fish Sandwich (Copy Cat Recipe to follow)
Thursday: Spinach and Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Recipe to follow)
Friday: Calzones (Recipe to follow)

Have a great weekend!  Stay warm and break out those snow shovels!  Ick.