5/5/14

Cinco de Mayo Recipes


It's Cinco de Mayo!  Are you celebrating?  We are.  We have a love for Mexican food in this house, and Cinco de Mayo just gives me an excuse to cook more.  And while I love Tex Mex food as well, there is nothing quite like authentic, fresh, Mexican food.  When we went on our cruise to Mexico a few years ago, I got a taste of true Mexican cuisine, and I fell in love.  Now, I can't stand to buy tortillas in the store, salsa in the jar, or even beans in a can.  Once you realize how easy it is to make these things at home, the simple ingredients, and how fresh they taste, it's hard to go back.  Here's a few ideas for you for your Cinco de Mayo celebration.














Slow Cooker Carnitas (This is what we're having!)



But if you're looking for something a little more Tex Mex, try my version of Cafe Rio's Chicken Salad.  Seriously my favorite copy cat recipe!  Complete with recipes for the tortillas, Cilantro Lime Rice, Slow Cooker Black Beans, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, and Creamy Tomatillo Ranch dressing.


Enhanced by Zemanta