7/16/14

A Note to My Readers (and looking for guest writers)


Oh you guys.  I feel like I need to take a moment and express some things to you.

Over the last 9 months, posts have been a little hit and miss here.  As some already know, my husband was suddenly and unexpectedly laid off of work last November.  It was a huge blow to our family.  With the economy sagging here in Las Vegas, work is very difficult to find.  Good work.  So when he was laid off, we had a decision to make - go it on our own/start our own business, or look for another job with another employer.  After a lot of weighing options, exploring, and prayers, we decided to start our own business.  And Brand Up, LLC, was born.

Both of us have been running the business since we're trying to keep overhead costs minimal.  It's been 9 months of 18 hour work days, sleepless nights, more gray hairs and wrinkles.  And Dr. Pepper.  LOTS of Dr. Pepper.  In the middle of all of this, I've had some health issues.  It has sometimes seemed like we were drowning in the middle of everything.  But 9 months later, we are still afloat.  We still have our home.  We still have our business.  And it seems as though events from last year may have been a blessing in disguise.

So, first, I'd like to express gratitude to all of you guys - my readers.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.  Even though recipes have been here and there (and everywhere), you have stuck in there with me.

Second, this is not goodbye at all.  I'm still planning on posting recipes, it just may not be every day or even every other day.  So don't think that if I'm not posting all the time that I've given up.  I haven't.  I'm still cooking new and fun things, recreating traditional dishes, and will be looking for healthy ways to feed my family.  So stick with me.

And third, starting this fall, I'm going to be hosting some themed posts that I'd like to invite some guest writers to participate in!  Last year, I had a whole series on school lunches in September.  October was Pietober.  I'm going to host those again as well as a new series in November on holiday foods and a series in December for a cookie swap!  I'm so excited for the next few months.  If you'd like to be a guest writer, please fill out the following form:

Thanks again you guys!  I love all my readers and I'm so appreciative of your support.