10/21/14

#Fat2FitCat

I need to make changes in my life.  My lifestyle more specifically.  Weight seems to be a problem that is plaguing me.  Not just physically, but socially as well.  I have several friends and/or family members that have recently been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes.  When I say recently, I mean within the last 6 months.  I have others who have obesity issues and have had surgery to help them fix it - the surgery was out of necessity, not choice.  And personally, at my last physical, my doctor informed me that I'm on the verge of having a very serious problem.

So, it's time to get serious about my weight.  I've attempted to eat healthier, make more healthy meals, meals that are all the fad right now (paleo-ers, I'm not bagging on you, it's just the popular thing right now).  I've tried counting calories.  I've tried popular exercise programs.  I've tried weight watchers.  I've tried JUST.ABOUT.EVERYTHING.  The problem?  (head hanging in shame) I haven't stuck with it long enough to really make it work.

Why this time?  After watching my loved ones have major diet changes, health scares, and knowing that I'm not getting any younger, I'm simply scared.  That's part one.  Part two is that we're coming up on 10 years of marriage next year, and I kind of want to be a whole heck of a lot healthier than I am now so we can celebrate.

This time, I'm keeping it simple.  I'm counting calories.  I'm using an app called Lose It.  And I'm drinking Slim Fast and protein shakes.  Again, don't judge.  I'm a working mom, a very busy mom.  And rather than add one more complicated aspect to my life, the shakes are working for me.  I'm giving myself until August 1st, 2015.

Now, for the hard part.  The part where I vomit a little.  And then run away and hide from everyone in shame.  My starting weight.  Sigh.  As of yesterday, I'm at 227 lbs.  Barf.  Sigh.  I'll give you all an update on that next week.  Please, be gentle.  Don't judge.  We all are carrying around weight of some type, right?  Thanks.