8/9/13

Friday Five and Meal Plan

There should be a national holiday every Friday.  I could handle 3 day weekends.  Well, at least once every month.  I am scurrying around the house today, trying to figure out what we have and don't have for K1 to go back to school.  And I got my first set of Fall scents from Bath and Body Works!  They have a new line of Pumpkin fragrances that I am just so excited to pull out in a few weeks.  No, I am not getting them out now.  :)  I'm not the person who pulls out seasonal stuff a whole season before.  So let's celebrate some more Summer with a few things on my Fav 5 for today.  And a few general things (like chocolate cake).








1. Favorite Pin:  Drop Cloth Outdoor Drapes  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be doing a backyard makeover next Spring and I really want to make some drapes like these.  I love how light and breezy they are .  It just looks so effortless and relaxing.













2. Favorite WebVid: Brad Paisley's "Water."  I think it's appropriate as we are bringing Summer to a close.  I absolutely love this song - it's my ringtone!







3. Recipe I want to try: Bittersweet Cheesecake Torte Doesn't this look AMAZING?!  Oh my gosh, I want it right now.  Layers of chocolate, cheesecake, heaven.....Can we call this heaven on a cake stand?







4. Favorite Quote:  Need I say more?














5. Friday Funny: Because you KNOW it's true!  If you've never done this, you are not being honest with yourself.  :)  You should have seen the Hubs go ninja to kill a black widow that dropped on his arm!  One minute it was there, the next it was -poof- gone.






Meal Plan



We're at the countdown - 2 weeks before school starts!  Wowzers.  I'm going to be gearing up next week for a fantastic end of summer barbecue.  I'm also bringing you another fun giveaway from Breyers® which opens next Tuesday.  Make sure you come around and visit!  You won't want to miss this one.  In the meantime, here's my meal plan for next week.

Saturday: I'm doing the boating dance, praying for no wind or rain, and planning a free day for dinner!
Sunday: Grandma Cook's Lemon BBQ Chicken, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Mashed Po-taters
Monday: Clam Chowder (Recipe to follow)
Tuesday: Copycat Cafe Rio Salads - Tortillas, Beans, Rice, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Creamy Tomatillo Dressing (Note: I will be updating these with current pictures as I go along.)
Wednesday: Monte Cristo Sandwiches (Recipe to follow)
Thursday: Eggs Benedict
Friday: Pizza (Watch for the recipe on Wednesday!)


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers